Sunday, August 3, 2008

Brenden - Solo in Montana

After the cabin, I dropped Julianne, Carianne and Emilia off at the Billing airport and then I have been up in Montana for the last 2 weeks doing dissertation research. I was in Bozeman, Helena, Missoula, Kalispell/Flathead Lake, Havre and the Chippewa-Cree Rocky Boy Reservation. I had a very productive and fun trip. Here are a couple pictures. A quick disclaimer - Julianne took the nice camera with her, so I was left with the old one.

My Flathead Lake campsite: I had gone there to meet with the heirs of the Frank B. Linderman estate at the old Linderman cabin - Sally and Bob Hatfield - very nice people!

A poorly photoshop-ed panoramic of Flathead Lake

My tent at Flathead Lake
Flathead Lake - looking North from West Short State Campground
Glacier National Park. It was on the way from Kalispell to Havre, so I drove through




The Weeping Wall - apparently it was good this year
Me wishing Julianne was with me at Glacier
Me wishing Julianne was with me at Flathead Lake


Havre is fairly close to the border, I had never been to Albert and I had nothing to do one evening, so I went for a drive. I'm sure the border agents (on both sides) thought I was an idiot. "How long will you be in Canada for?" "Umm . . . 5 minutes." "How long was your visit?" "Umm . . . 5 minutes."



Whole Album HERE

1 comment:

ken said...

Great. Now I have to go to Glacier.

Awesome pictures for just a quick drive through. I'm jealous.