Sunday, August 3, 2008

At the Cabin #3 - Mesa Falls, Quake Lake and Choco-Tacos

One day, some of us went to Mesa Falls.


Us in the log book. We decided to start calling Gregg Grizzle-B. As in Grizzly Bear . . . because he was sporting such a mountain-man-ish beard.


Julianne and me at Mesa Falls.


Another day, some of us kids went on a trip into the park (failed attempt at Firehole - it was closed) and ended up driving the back way to Quake Lake (Hebgen Lake).


The crew (sans Julianne who was taking the picture), sad and despondent at the closed Firehole. So sad - it was the one thing I was REALLY looking forward to doing in Yellowstone.
Jessica, Me, Rachael, Gregg, Jeff, Maggie

One of the cooler road signs I've ever seen. I think I'll make this an album title/cover. Felix Klaemont presents "Building Destruction," in stores soon.

Sunken Houses at Quake Lake:


What cute Cousins - Jess and Juls


Looking up towards the Quake Lake visitor center. Creepy stuff!


At the end of the day all I wanted was a Choco-Taco. I had been craving one the whole trip. Thank goodness for the Hungry Bear!

No comments: