Sunday, August 3, 2008

At the Cabin #4 - the campfire and moose


On one of our last nights there, we had a big campfire - replete with hotdogs, smores, trout, guitars, sing-a-longs and moose attacks


Jed chowing down

Wieners!

So, I was bragging up this perfectly roasted Marshmallow, and everyone was quite impressed, BUT . . .

. . . it tragically fell on the ground. Tragedy!

I don't know whose chair this is, but it proved a bit small for most of us, Jess included.

Smores - Randy style

Gregg and Rachael on the hammock.
Smores - Richelle style
Smores - Annie and Jaxon style

Smores - John style. Instead of graham crackers and hershey's, someone (Richelle or Shelly, I assume) had the bright idea of just using fudge stripe cookies. Apparently, John missed the melted chocolate of a more traditional smore and tried putting the whole thing over the fire.

Here he is in action
My double-decker smore!

Sing-a-long

We saved a Rainbow Trout for the campfire because I heard that the Buehners never eat fish! I roasted it over the coals. They were all super dubious and suspicious of how it would be. Of course, it was delicious! Admit it Buehners - it was delicious!!! Delicious I tell you!
The finished product.

In the middle of a sing-a-long song, Richelle yelled, "Oh my goodness, a Moose!" Sure enough, right behind us, on the other side of the cabin deck, there was a moose. This picture shows me video-taping the moose in the distance.

When Julianne gets back with the video camera, I'll post the footage. It was crazy.

No comments: