Monday, August 4, 2008

Brenden for Senate


While driving on Saturday from Havre to Fargo, I came across this awesome political sign - quite possibly the only worthwhile political advertisement I have ever seen.


Unfortunately, the moment I snapped this picture and reached down to set up a tripod, I noticed that my legs were COVERED in mosquitos - big huge ones. No exageration, there were probably 30-40 mosquitos on my legs (I was wearing shorts) and a bunch more on my arms and neck. I must have looked like a total wacko because I just freaked out trying to smack them all off. Then I grabbed the tripod and made a run for the car, but my car keys were in my pocket. By then, the mosquitos had all relanded on my legs so I had to do another round of freaking out and in the midst of it all I couldn't think straight enough to get the car open - I had a tripod and camera in one hand, killing mosquitos with the other and no free hand to fish my keys out of my pocket. When I finally got in the car there were still quite a few on me and it took a while to get them all killed. Nasty!

Fortunately, I saw another sign later and cautiously took pictures. No mosquitos that time, just grasshoppers.




Brenden, Senate hopeful, I don't know who you are, but I hope you win so you can enact legislation to get rid of the mosquito problem in Montana. Also, your name is awesome.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Cool sign! One time at BYU on a field trip for my zoology class I got eaten alive by bugs. I found the best thing to keep them from itching was Band-Aid itch relief. It's clear and comes in a small tube. Good luck!