Monday, April 30, 2012

Kansas City

Emmie and I (along with our friends Leah and Kate) had the opportunity to travel to Kansas City for a girls weekend.  The purpose of our trip was to attend the Kansas City LDS Temple open house.  I was able to attend quite a few growing up and I couldn't pass up the opportunity with Emmie.  Kansas City is about a 5 hour drive--- not too far for an almost 4 year old.

Our first stop was Union Station.  We thought the girls might like to see the trains.  The building is beautiful!  We didn't stay too long because I parked illegally and I knew Brenden would flip if I got a parking ticket.


Next stop was the Kansas City Crown Center. If you have kids, you need to go here.  There are tons of things to do like a playground, aquarium, huge crayola store, and a kids theater.  We saw James and the Giant Peach.  It was adorable.  The kids get to sit on the floor and the plays are only about an hour.  Perfect. 

The highlight of our trip was the Kansas City LDS Temple open house.  For  two weeks prior to the temple's dedication anyone can tour it.  It was really special to be able to walk through with Emmie.  She thought it was beautiful and especially liked the Angel Jaroni (Moroni) on the top. 


Of course there was a stop to the Plaza. I couldn't resist the H&M or the cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory which I inhaled in about a minute. This place is pretty ritzy which is why Emmie is demonstrating such restraint.

Overall it was a great trip.  I am really glad we went.  The only downside was the missed highway I was supposed to take on the way home making our trip home an hour longer... Oops. 

1 comment:

Carianne said...

These pictures turned out great! How amazing it must have been to walk through the temple together.