Thursday, April 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom has a blog and on a loved one's birthday they have an entire blog entry dedicated to them with a story of why my mom loves them.  I have to admit, she has made my eyes wet on more than one occasion.  I thought I would return the favor since it is her birthday.


 When my sister and I were in high school and college the three of us would go out shopping.  These were not practical trips but shopping trips dedicated to spending time together and socializing.  We would frequently be out around lunch time and my sister and I would say, "Mom, we're hungry!". On more than one occasion my mom would say, "Well, let's go get some ice cream".   And that we did.  Ice cream for lunch is the best. I still enjoy spending time with my sister and my mom... they are the best at saying, please don't buy that or that looks great. 

She has passed on this love of fun with the grand kids.  She is a great mother but she is an even better grandmother.  We love you mom! Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

hey, jode said...

Thank-you, Julianne! That makes me hungry for ice cream. . .