Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gettin my craft on

We needed a kitchen table really bad.  The one we had we got for free from my parent's neighbors.  It was a beautiful fake wood and gold ensemble which was quickly painted black.  Well, we were driving by Goodwill the other day and noticed a table and chairs in their "donate" section out back.  I made Brenden go in to see when it would be for sale.  It was fate.  $16 later it was ours.  After a lot of scrubbing, priming, painting, glazing, and reupholstering, it went from drab to fab as they say. 

Before:



After:



6 comments:

Danell said...

LOVE it.
You inspire me!

Carianne said...

It turned out great! I especially like the fabric you chose for the chairs.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a difference...you did a great job. Doesn't even look bad with your wonderful floor :) Your dishes should look nice with the fabric color. Linda

The Clawson's said...

I'm really jealous! I want it! I just need to do something about our outdated table too! You have inspired me. haha.

hey, jode said...

That looks fantastic! Are you sure you didn't copy and paste those photos from a famous designer? Such talent and foresight. What will you DIY next?

Brianne said...

I love it! Great job!