Thursday, September 1, 2011

A few Kearnies hanging with the Carnies

We headed to the Nebraska State Fair yesterday.  We decided to go on the hottest day possible.  I believe it was 93.  If I were in Arizona everyone would stay that was a "cool day" but here is is sooooo  humid.  I think every inch of my body was sweating (even my eyelids were sweating).  





Our friends from Lincoln, Robert and Jaime met us in Grand Island with their 2 cute kids Jack and Benjamin.  Benjamin even got on the evening news... they are kind of a big deal. 


I have never seen Emmie more excited than when she saw all the rides.  She jumped right on this coaster even though she didn't meet the height requirements (gotta love those carnies).  The sign said she was supposed to ride with an adult.  I guess Jack counts as an adult.  I can't lie, it made me a little nervous seeing her race by in that caterpillar. 


Have you seen a face so red before?  We applied sunscreen twice while there.  Emmie reminded me of a chameleon who immediately turned color when she hit the heat.  


And you can't miss the photo op in front of the cattle hide.  So here we are... Nebraska State Fair 2011.   My favorite part of this photo is Emmie's Groucho Marx impression.  Someone please eat some funnel cake for me... it was just so hot I opted for ice cream.


4 comments:

Julianne said...

I want to add that I am NOT pregnant-- it is just my shirt (and maybe a little leftover Pete).

Anonymous said...

Do you think we all will be able to keep up with her at Disneyland when she sees those rides???

Carianne said...

Emmie's face looks like the tomato from "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" cartoon, minus the sharp teeth. Pretty red.

hey, jode said...

I feel like a fly on the wall at the Kearney Fair! Thanks for the sweet play by play.