Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Enjoying the heat

We have been having fun the last few weeks sweating it out in Arizona.  Emmie is in heaven with her cousins.  We have been taking it easy especially because it is SO hot but we have managed to get out and have a little fun. 

My sister-in-law Rachael had a private screening of Harry Potter the night we got in.  I heard there was a costume contest so I threw together a Professor Umbridge costume.   I don't know how but we also found half an eye ball in the costume closet so my dad went as Mad Eye Moody (and I guess Micky Mouse too). 



 One of the best things about visiting my grandparents is the soft serve ice cream machine.  I have for years been perfecting the tallest ice cream cone possible.  I could work at Dairy Queen.  Pete got a little taste for the first time.  Lets just say he really liked it. 



 Even though it was 150 degrees outside Emmie wanted to teeter-totter.  I watched from the window.



How do you survive the summer heat? Splash pad. 



 Or if you are too lazy to drive to the splash pad, have grandma spray you with the hose in the yard.



 Pete took up reading and needed some reading glasses.  He borrowed them from Mr. Potato head.


 Pete LOVES his cousin Jenna but I think that Jenna LOVES Pete more.  It is amazing how responsible she is at 7.75 years of age.  I would totally let her babysit (OK maybe not yet he did fall off the chair today).


 Snoopy and Woodstock?  I think Emmie was a little embarrassed.  It is way cooler to be a dog.


 Pool time!  I love zero entry pools and could easily spend my day lounged about in 6 inches of water.  The funny part about this picture is seconds after this was taken Pete decided to loose his lunch (which was a mixture of spinach and such) all over Jenna.  It went in her mouth.  Yes, she did gag but was such a trooper!


 As I was going through these pictures I realize that anytime we go outside we are wet.  I guess this is the only way to beat the heat.  I love the fact you can just run around in your swimming suit all summer. I am so glad we have had the opportunity to spend so much time with family.  They are the greatest. 


Send a message to Brenden.  He didn't get to come with us.  We miss him. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're going to have a hard time with cousin withdrawal when you return to NE :) Love the pics...of course grandparents can never see too many!