Thursday, August 11, 2011

Emmie's new hair accessory

Our good friends Brad and Emily had a baby on Brenden's birthday.  Although we were SO excited that Madison finally arrived, we were a little disappointed that they didn't name her Brenda in honor of Brenden. 

Since Brenden was going to be out of town for a few days, I packed up the kids are drove them to Lincoln to visit the new baby.  I have to admit, I did get a little teary driving by our old house.  We had a great time and I am sure the kids and I were a huge help to a new mom and her newborn.  She is the cutest baby ever. Here is proof.  She has more hair than both of my kids combined.


Emmie loves her friend Mya and they are really good at wresting.  Maybe the next time we drive over we can get them some spandex and luchador masks and really make it an event.  This is the reason for the post.  Emmie and Mya were wrestling and Emmie fell backwards where 2 walls meet (the corner) and really bonked her head.  She cried but then was fine after a few minutes.  We took a bath, got pj's on, brushed hair and I noticed I had blood on my shirt.  We checked Emmie's head and there was a pretty good gash so we hopped in the car and drove to urgent care. 

This was the result...


She now has 3 new staples and gets to wear them for 5 days.  She was such a trooper and didn't even cry when the stapled her head.  Emmie has a high tolerance for pain... I am sure this comes from me.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

What a trooper! I'm happy to see that it's on her head and not on her face. I had envisioned three staples in her forehead. As long as she doesn't shave her head, no one will even see the scar. Also, that camera angle makes it look like she has a ton of hair!

hey, jode said...

Ouch! They were nice not to not cut her hair. That would have hurt, too.