Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kayaking with Ken

For the last couple years when we make it up to Bellingham I have gone either Snowboarding @ Mt. Baker or Mtn. Biking on Mt. Galbraith with my best friend Ken.  This time, we borrow my aunt and uncles Sea Kayaks (thank you John and Debbie!!!).  This is something we always wanted to do, and it also worked out well since I feel way to out of shape to Mt. Bike on the uber-technical trails of Galbraith and Ken just rode the 200+ STP (Seattle-to-Portland) bike race on the weekend.

We launched at Larabee St. Park.  The weather was perfect.  70, sunny, almost no wind.  Starfish, Herons, jellyfish and two seals that stalked us for a while.  I think they were trying to lure us out to deeper water so they could eat us.  

Here's pics:





1 comment:

Brianne said...

Fun! I'm glad it worked out.