Thursday, October 10, 2013

September

It has been so long since I blogged I had to look to see what the last post was.   I know there are many of you out there waiting everyday to see what we've been up to.  I will be one of those annoying people who post 3+ posts in one day. Me so sorry. 

First up- we hit up the state fair.  It was fun.  We had funnel cake, played games, gawked at all the animals, and even saw a magician.  Emmie was picked out of the audience to help.  She ate it up.  



We have been going on hikes up in the mountains.  I would have never imagined we would be living so close to nature.  The kids are loving it... and so is their dad! Sometimes I pull out of my driveway and look up and think to myself... I live here!? It is gorgeous.



 We go to the park almost daily.  This particular time it had just rained.  As you can see, Peter can't resist a good puddle.



Right by our house is a great outdoor mall with a frozen yogurt place.  If you know me you know that frozen yogurt is inferior to ice cream.  I went because our good friends Brent and Ashley love frozen yogurt.  It is fun having fellow Nebraskan's so close. The kids obviously love Brenden. 


I made a new friend who has a little boy in the PM kindergarten class.  She has 3 boys... the same ages as my 2.  We thought it would be fun to ride the train downtown and go to the children's museum.  We missed the first train, got to the children's museum 30 minutes before it closed, ate dinner and then missed the train back home.  Overall, we spent more time waiting for the train then we actually did playing or eating dinner.  It was really fun up until the sun set and we were eaten by mosquitoes.  Did you know mosquitoes has an E?  I just auto corrected.  I didn't know that.



 A couple weeks later we decided to try out another outing.  This time to the trampoline park and chick-fil-a.  The trampoline park was great.  My high energy kids loved it.  Once we got to chick-fil-a the baby threw up all over.  I felt bad for the poor boy.  He was naked because his clothes were covered and that dumb cow mascot kept walking past scaring him to death.  Poor little guy!  We are scared to go on another outing.



No comments: