Thursday, October 31, 2013

Road trip

 The kids and I made another trip down to AZ for my newest niece's baby blessing.  Frances is super cute with big blue eyes and fuzzy dark hair.  Emmie was smitten and tried to hold her any chance she got. We had lunch after church at my grandparent's house in Gilbert. The kids enjoyed running wild.



Peter had another birthday party.  This time with ALL the family.  It was fun to have an excuse to be together and have a party.  Peter requested a monster cake which we happily bought at Fry's.  It wasn't nearly as good at the dirt cups grandma made for everyone... complete with a worm.


I am going to say this now. In a year or so these three are going to be trouble.  Look.. Noah is already eating Henry's cake and Peter is happy about it.  I bet Peter put him up to it.


The weather in Arizona in October is almost perfect.  Upper 70's is awesome so we spent many afternoons outside on bikes.  It's a good thing Emmie learned how to ride her bike before this trip!


We had lunch with Great Grandma B. It was a delicious burger from In-N-Out.  I want you to take notice of the extremely large dog in the back.  This dog's back was as tall as Peter's head.  Peter kept going over to it to pet it but then would chicken out.  He could have ridden this dog like a horse. 


No trip is complete without a trip to IKEA.  I love to these kids make themselves at home. It does look pretty homey doesn't it?


My cousin Heather and her family were in town so we got together with them for a brunch at my sister's house.  It was fun. We have the best family.  I am so glad everyone enjoys being together.  This is Great Grandma C with some of the great grand kids.  Grandma holding Frances makes Frances look like a giant baby...or a tiny grandma. 


Emmie and I got to go see the Lion King.  It was AMAZING!  We took Emmie to see Beauty in the Beast last year but it was in a hockey arena.  Not a good place for broadway.  We had the best seats and we loved every minute.  I would go see this again in a heart beat.  


We followed Grandpa Pete and Grandma Linda a few days after they came down.  It was fun spending more time with them.  If you can't tell, these kids love these two. 


Rita's.  Italian ice+ice cream= perfection.  If you haven't tried it, you need to. 


I took some pictures of all the cousins.  After we let them play at the park.  Aunt Carianne was nice enough to swing the guts out of these guys.  Jenna, Cora and Kate loved it.  Emmie had a harder time but succumbed to peer pressure and toughed it out.


On our last night we went to the pumpkin patch at Schneff farm.  It was great! They had rides, petting zoo, hay ride and the best funnel cake I have ever eaten. 


Grandpa Randy loves the roller coaster!


Before we left I tried to get a picture with my dad and the grand kids. When I said sit by grandpa that meant stand in a line behind grandpa.  I don't know what Emmie is doing.


It was a fun trip. Thanks to everyone who rearranged their schedule!  Well worth the 12 hours of torture each way in the car.

1 comment:

hey, jode said...

So FUN to have you here. You know the Primary song . . . "It's Always Fun When Grandkids Come!" Love, Love, Love!