Friday, May 10, 2013

ARIZONA week 1

The kids and I just got back from a wonderful trip to Arizona.  Carianne (my sister), Rusty, Lorinda (Brenden's sister) and Matthew all went on a cruise together so my parents had little Kate.  It was super fun.  Emmie was in heaven. Carianne had a present for Kate every day they were gone.  Once we arrived she included my kids in the fun as well.  They LOVED it.  I have to say though, I did not appreciate the recorder day. 


We tried to do fun things with the kids every morning.  We decided to make ice cream in a plastic bag.  You know, where you put half and half in a bag in a bag with salt and ice?  Well, it turned out pretty good.  Better than the picture below.  It really is ice cream and not cottage cheese. 


Can you guess who this is? This is Emmie's portrait of Grandma Jody and Grandpa Randy.  I liked the glasses. 


One morning my mom gave the girls fake hello kitty nails.  Emmie's lasted about 2 minutes but Kate kept hers on all morning.  We even went to play with more cousins and she walked around very carefully. 


 Pete got a much needed hair cut by Grandma Jody. 


 Kate and Emmie wanted to be brides.  Too bad we only had red tulle. 


We went out to visit Grandma and Grandpa B.  I love that the kids can run around just like we did when we were kids.  




Jenna and Cora had a carnival at their school that we were able to go to.  There were tons of jump houses.  My kids were in heaven.  I was not.  Do you know what it is like keeping track of 3 kids in a crowd?  Especially Peter?  Grandpa Pete and I lost him at one point.  After a mini panic attack we found him... exactly where we left him!

No comments: