Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Arizona Post #1


We have been in Arizona for the past 4 weeks.  It was amazing.  I know what you are thinking... it is 150 degrees in AZ, why would you go there?  Well, we had a family reunion and decided to drive down.  If we were going to drive the 20 hours then we were going to make it worth our while!
 Many fun things were done.  We had a planning party where we took a calendar and planned something fun to do almost every night. Here are some of the favorites:

Swimming lessons.  I can say that Pete will be an excellent swimmer.  He can go underwater, blow bubbles, and jump in without help.  Emmie passed her class!  She is well on her way to swimming on her own.  Her cousin Kate was also in her class.  I feel sorry for their teacher... maybe that's why she passed!


Many afternoons were spent at the splash pad.  Life saver.


We went to see Little Red Riding Hood at the Arizona Puppet Theater.  The kids really liked it.  Emmie thought the puppets were real people and spent the whole show on the Grandma's laps instead of sitting up front with her cousins.  The building was in a beautiful old neighborhood in Phoenix.  You don't see neighborhoods like this very often- it's worth the trip.


 We attended the "free" night at the Phoenix children's museum along with every other kid in the valley.  It was packed!  We lost Pete just after this picture was taken.  I found him about 50 feet away in a pool noodle forest.  The security guard said to my mom, you'd better watch him- someone will take that one.  Yikes.  If I wasn't scared enough!  I would also like to mention we had 2 adults per child which obviously wasn't enough.


Craft night with my favorite ladies.  These are my sisters, cousins, aunts, grandmas and moms.  It was really fun.   I love spending time with these ladies. We made these cute necklaces. I look forward to seeing them every time I come to town. 


Many afternoons were also spent in this kiddie pool.  I love how the water comes out of the hose warm.  Not too refreshing but I love it. Pete was always so excited to get in we would just strip him down and let him go.  It must have been hard holding up that extra 15 pounds of diaper water weight!



1 comment:

Carianne said...

Pete definitely takes after Brenden when it comes to love of water. I love the picture of you and Peter in the pool.