Friday, March 16, 2012

AZ

The kids and I just got back from a long trip to Arizona.  February/March is the best time to go visit.  The weather was perfect.  We had a blast!  I can't think about it too much because it makes me a little teary to think we live far away but we'll be back in May!

 
This was day 1.  Covered in mud.

Wicked!  It was awesome. Thank you daddy!

We spent a good amount of time at Grandma B's.  Here we are throwing oranges to the cows.  My mom, grandma and I all threw one to see who's would go the farthest.  Grandma won.

Chuck-e-cheese.  I never want to return but my kids LOVE it so until next time.

Our cousin Kate takes gymnastics at a really cool gym.  Here is Emmie mid-air jumping into the foam pit.  The girl is fearless.

Pete is mooching ice cream off of Grandma.  She gladly spoons it into his mouth. 

Emmie's very first official haircut.  Yes, she is 3 1/2.  It really did take that long for it to grow past her ears!

Pete loving the tractor at Grandma B's.  One day we went out there and my grandma said, "we should go to the park" and then we said, "this is the park".

Emmie's favorite people in the whole world are her cousins.  We took them to see Beauty in the Beast in 3-D.  They even dressed up for the occasion. 

The Rensink grandparents even came down!  It was so fun being able to see them.  And yes Jenna, I included this picture on purpose.

Emmie got to go to preschool as her cousin's show and tell.  It was pretty cute.  Here she is showing everyone her new shoes... and her underpants. Luckily Lorinda had a pair of leggings which quickly got put on.

Emmie and I took Jenna lunch at school.  Isn't she just the cutest 2nd grader?  We had so much fun.

The Phoenix zoo. Why do kids love the petting zoo so much?  At least they give you these neat little mits to comb their hide. I don't know about you but goat's eyes freak me out.

We had a cowboy-themed baby shower/party for my sister-in-law Lorinda.

Here we played "There's a snake in my boots". I now have 20 little plastic snakes around my house since my mom make me pack them up and take them with me.

The end.

We had so much fun.  It was nice getting to spend time with aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends.  We are so lucky to have such a terrific family.  We can't wait until next time!

1 comment:

Carianne said...

The picture of Emilia flying is crazy. We sure had fun with you guys.