Saturday, April 23, 2011

Getting ready for the bunny

Emmie is so excited about Easter.   I promise we have tried really hard to teach her about how Jesus died and was resurrected, but for some reason she is way more excited about the candy. All she can talk about is how the bunny is going to bring her a blue pony (my little pony- not a real one).

We decided to dye some eggs last night to get ready for Easter.  Every time I dye eggs I wonder why I am doing it.  Who started this?  Does anyone really even eat hard boiled eggs?  It just makes your house smell like pickles.  We all know I am crazy about pickles but I don't want my house smelling like a pickle factory.







This last one is Brenden trying to get Emmie to eat an egg.  She wasn't having it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But is so fun to see what color they will come out!!! I cooked my eggs yesterday and will dye a doz today - I'm taking most to a Sunday brunch, but I do eat the eggs when chilled! Mom

Anonymous said...

Did you make Jello eggs yet? I bet she will eat those like her Grandpa does!!! They also make for a sweet smell in the house - I'm making some right now. L

hey, jode said...

Thanks for the peep - I mean -
PEEK into your fun Easter preparations. It's so fun to making memories. Emmie is a doll. I actually am in the middle of making the seven layer rainbow jello salad.