Sunday, November 7, 2010

Next year Emmie is going as a greased pig for Halloween

Have you ever had this happen when your kids get REALLY quiet and you know they are getting into something?  Well, we had that happen yesterday.  Imagine this... me going into our bedroom where I know Emmie has recently been to find her covered in Aquaphor.  Not the lotion kind, the petroleum jelly kind.  I don't just mean her hands covered, I mean her entire body.  Head, arms, torso, legs, feet... How does one clean up a huge mess like this?   She was like a baby seal who got stuck in a oil spill.  I remembered all those Dawn commercials and the oil covered ducks so I ran to the kitchen to grab the dish detergent. It worked, kind of.  Her skin is now softer than Pete's.




FYI- earlier in the day she covered her whole face, neck, and wall in Burts Bee's Wax.  Her eyes were red and she kept saying her cheeks hurt.  She did smell minty fresh though.

2 comments:

Brianne said...

Yikes. I love how you can see the Aquaphor in the pictures. Good luck getting it all off. At least she should be well moisturized for awhile.

Melissa said...

I was wondering why the kid's skin was so smooth! When winter truly sets in and the skin starts getting really dry maybe we will have to try it out! :)