Sunday, June 27, 2010

30

Yes, I am officially 30.   I told Brenden all I wanted for my birthday was a cake made out of chocolate cake doughnuts and sushi.  I was not disappointed.  I didn't make Brenden assemble the doughnuts into a cake although he did offer.



It was a pretty low-key birthday.  We opened presents and then took Emmie to her gymnastics class.  She is the next Nadia Comaneci as you can tell by the pictures below. 




I also packed and packed but decided not to take a picture of this part of my birthday.  One it isn't very interesting and two, I don't want you all to see my messy apartment.  

My mom was sweet enough to arrange 30 phone calls for my birthday.  I talked to pretty much everyone I love and care about.  Thank you all for your phone calls and birthday wishes.  

Brenden and I got to go out for sushi later that night.  It was super good and I ate way too much.  I really enjoy restaurants that make their servers wear traditional costumes.  It really made me feel like I was in Japan... just kidding.


So, just because I am 30, feel free to tell me that I still look at least 27. 



2 comments:

Elyse said...

Happy Birthday! You totally still look 27!

Brianne said...

Happy birthday! I was supposed to call. I got busy and forgot. I hope you don't hate me forever. I remembered at 10:30 pm, which is like midnight:30 or something your time. I decided to be nice and not call you that late :-).

And yes, you definitely don't look a day older than 27. Maybe even 26???