Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Waffles.


Growing up in my house there were 2 kinds of people. Maple syrup people and chocolate syrup people. My dad made waffles with chocolate syrup for us every Saturday morning. Sometimes on a special day we would add strawberries and whipped cream. Yum. My brother Gregg was a maple syrup fan and I never understood why. Who could pass up that delicious chocolate?

Tonight Brenden was working late so Emmie and I were on our own for dinner. Since he was gone I decided to make waffles with chocolate syrup, strawberries and whipped cream. Now I have to admit, I have made chocolate syrup only a handful of times and it has not yet reached the perfection of my dad's. Brenden hasn't given me many opportunities since he is a maple man.

Now although Brenden prefers maple, I will not have any child of mine choose maple over chocolate so I need to start Emmie off early. I kept asking her, "do you like it?" and she would respond, "nummy". I think it was a chocolate victory.

3 comments:

Brianne said...

Chocolate on waffles???? That is awesome. I must try it.

Rachael said...

excellent. well done.

Melissa said...

Looks delicious!