Friday, June 12, 2009

Red-haired girls

My grandpa heard this poem a long time ago and gave it to my mom (who is a red-head). She found it today and gave it to me. I thought it was cute and fitting of Emmie (especially the part about being clever).

What is it red-haired girls have got
that other girls it seems, have not?
What is it causes them to please?
I don't mean freckles, though they've these.

It may be that they're slightly boyish,
more energetic, full-of-joyish.
It may be that they're great as pals,
These red-haired, full of freckles gals.

It might be something else, however.
Could they, I wonder, be more clever?
Do they try harder keeping house?
Are they more thoughtful of their spouse?

I think the reason's very simple.
It's like the girls who have a dimple.
With redheads, too, as I have found,
There aren't enough to go around.

1 comment: