Thursday, May 21, 2009

New Publication



As some of you may know, the process of academic publishing is long and arduous. One of my first publications, a chapter in The Nebraska-Kansas Act of 1854 anthology, did not come out in print until a good 3 years after I had written in. By the time it hit book shelves and the press sent me a few per gratis copies, I could not ever remember what I had written.

Well, along those lines, I was pleased to see that another publication FINALLY made it through the long process and is now finally in my hands! It is the lead article in the latest volume (4) of Genocide Studies and Prevention: an International Journal. It was teased out of my M.A. Thesis and written about 3 years ago as well. I'm glad to see that it has found a nice home. I was also pleased to see that it was picked up and hosted (full text) on the Project Muse Website.

So, if you'd like some good reading material with which to put yourself to sleep, go ahead and click here.

There are a few other pubs in the works, but I'm not holding my breath to get that hard copy in my hands. Perhaps I will have another update in about 3 more years!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats.
Lorinda

hey, jode said...

We're proud!

Rachael said...

I like the word "friendlies" in there. People don't use it enough.

Way to give those historians the one-two punch!

B. said...

Rachael - notice that the terms "friendlies" and "hostiles" were not my terminology. Those are both somewhat problematic labels, but were used in the context of a source that was using them.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! All your hard work is starting to show rewards.
P & L