Sunday, May 10, 2009

Des Moines

Emmie and I drove over to see my good friend Besty from my NAU days and her family this weekend. We had fun but the highlight was attending the Pella, IA tulip festival. It isn't exactly what I had imagined. I was thinking this would be fields of tulips but this was more like patches of tulips all over town. If you like people wearing traditional dutch attire, dutch letters and crowds this is the place for you. Notice how Emmie hates the sun?


I had to get a picture in the oversized wooden shoes since this is a little dutch town.



This guy poped up out of the blue and got in my picture- whatever. I guess people are just really friendly in Pella.


I did manage to get pictures of Emmie with some tulips so it was worth it.


Thanks for the fun weekend Betsy, Chad, Susie, and Hannah!

No comments: