Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Spring road trip

The kids and I had planned a trip back to Nebraska last year when we moved to Utah.  I knew we would have some time while Emmie was on break so we packed up the car and hit the road.  Now, I know what you are thinking.  She is nuts. Yup.  On paper this trip looked completely doable. We would drive to Denver (about 8 hours) and stay with my best friend, Carla then make our way to Kearney (another 5 hours) then to Lincoln (2 hours) and then Omaha (1 hour).  I didn't take into account rush hour or freak snow storms which seriously hindered our time. Overall, this was a great trip.  It was totally worth being in the car for hours on end with crazy people to visit our best friends.

Now I am going to get sappy. I miss these people.  These are the first people Brenden and I met as newly weds. These people were aunts, uncles and cousins to my kids and family on Easters and Thanksgivings. Some for 24 years (oh my Carla! We are old!) some for 10 years, and some for less but each has made a huge impact in my life (and the life of my family). I am grateful for each one of you! 

So thanks for letting us come. Even if we messed up your house, ate all your food, barfed on your floor, and stole your underwear (Hmm... Peter). We enjoyed every minute of it. And by the way... it's all your turn! Our doors are open, just tell us when!

























No comments: