Monday, January 13, 2014

Picking Emmie up from school

I like picking Emmie up for school. She is usually very chatty. Today I saw her talking with her friend Addison. When she got in the car this was our conversation. 

Emmie: Mom! Do you want to know what Addison and I were talking about?
Me: Sure!
Emmie: Well Addison's mom got up first today and she went to find their dog. She found him and he had died! The dog was really old.
Me: Was Addison sad? Did you say anything to make her feel better? 
Emmie: Yeah, I told her not to worry. She can go buy another dog. 

Looks like we need to work on sympathy.

 

2 comments:

hey, jode said...

Picking up kids from school was one of my favorite things! You nailed it. The conversations were endless. That makes me happy you can experience it, too. . . sorry about the little dog.

Hyder Ali said...

How is she to know unless she has a dog of her own. ;) Also, I love the new look of your blog. You're like cool and junk.