Saturday, February 4, 2012

Snow Day, Pt. 3

If you missed it, parts 1 and 2 were us looking at the dump from last night and me slaving away and putting my back our shoveling.  Literally the moment I walked in from shoveling, the kids were geared up in snow pants and ready to play outside.  I requested a 30 minute break, which Julianne kindly granted.  After some food, Pete, Emmie, Kate, Julianne and Kate's Dad Chris headed out.

Pete struggled a bit because the snow was so deep and heavy.  He tumbled around, took an actual spill face-first onto the pavement, and was still having so much fun that he put up quite a fight when Julianne took him in.


 Emmie and Kate did some "sledding," mucked around and threw chunks of snow at me.


 Last, I filled my annual fatherly duty of making a snowman.  Although Julianne insists it is a great traditional looking snowman, I always dream of Calvin and Hobbes-esque snowman masterpieces.  He made it look so easy, but rolling up huge balls of heavy wet snow, lifting them onto one another, making them rough, etc....it is isn't that easy.  Maybe next year...


 I must say, however, that is a darn good snowman.  Emmie approved.


4 comments:

Haley and Lance (but probably just Haley) said...

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I'm actually kind of jealous. That's weird - I hate the snow...maybe I'm more jealous of the overall scene - mom and dad and kids having a blast building a snowman. Yeah, that's it - I need to have some kids.

Carianne said...

Emmie throwing chunks of ice at her dad? I don't believe it. Snowmen are always more work to make than they seem. Yours looks good.

hey, jode said...

You're a good Dad, Brenden. I love the snowman/ Emmie photo!

Annie said...

That IS a good snowman. Great job!