Saturday, October 16, 2010

Potty Training Help!

 My mom and I have been trying to potty train Emmie for the last 4 days.  Every morning I wake up hearing the song "Help!" by the Beatles in my head.  I need your help and advise!  This kid is more stubborn than a mule and has a bladder like a camel.

This is our situation:  Emmie has complete control of her bladder.  She doesn't have accidents.  This kid can hold it for multiple hours.  She knows when she needs to go potty and will run to the toilet on her own.  She can pull down her own undies, get on the toilet, and then nothing.  I don't know if she is scared or what.  When we can tell she really needs to go we will sit her on the potty and she will scream and kick until she finally explodes. 

What can we do to help her actually go on her own?

3 comments:

Elyse said...

I feel for you. Potty training bites big time...especially with stubborn children...it must be something about the name "Emmie" : ) Our Emmie was the same way. It's a mystery to us why she was so okay with messing herself when she knew how to use the toilet! We are just now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and we started in march. I hope it clicks WAY faster for your Emmie! I wish I had some pearls of wisdom for you but in our case it all came down to her choosing to be ready and us just coming to terms with being okay with that. Good Luck!!

TuCk N JuLeS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
s said...

I believe potty training is a misnomer. It should be parent training to let the kid know what the kid knows he/she needs to do!! I recommend this website http://www.3daypottytraining.com/
and wish you all the patience in the world. Good luck!!!