Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weekend trip to Seattle

Brenden's parents were nice enough to watch Emmie while Brenden and I took a quick trip down to Seattle to visit Brenden's best friend Ken. Thank you Pete and Linda!

We started out our trip with a visit to Pike's Place Market. We explored all the strange trinket shops, watched Brenden eat every free sample he could find, and devoured some delicious croissants. I even got to go shopping downtown.




This is a wood burning stove that Ken's friend Christian built in his parents back yard. I want one. We cooked home made pizza which took only minutes to cook. Later we ate some delicious smores. The mallows were perfectly cooked all around.





We needed something to do after dinner so Ken suggested a long board ride around Greenlake. I do not long board so I just rode a bike around. I didn't know at the time it would turn into me pulling Brenden and Ken around the lake. If you are wondering, yes, my legs are sore today.




My idea was to experiment with some night photography so we went to Gas Works park and took some pictures of the Seattle skyline. After about 30 minutes we could no longer feel our fingers so we decided to call it a night. This is the best shot we got.


Thank you for the fun weekend Ken!

FYI: A few of these photos are courtesy of Ken.




1 comment:

ken said...

Thanks for coming to hang out. It was lots of awesome. You should come up here more than once every two years.