Sunday, September 27, 2009

The National Parks: America's Best Idea Documentary starts tonight

Back in the spring, my dissertation committee chair gave Julianne and me tickets to see the world premier screening of Ken Burns' newest documentary - The National Parks: America's Best Idea. He had used photograph collections from the Nebraska State Historical Society more than any other archive, so he chose to do his first screening here in Lincoln. He showed us a few clips from the then yet unfinished documentary (sound mixing and stuff was still rough) that dealt with the photographs taken from our state archive. Afterwards, he fielded questions and talked for a quite a while. I even got up and asked a couple questions.

Long story short, it looked really phenomenal and I am really excited to see the full documentary - starting tonight. So, I encourage everyone to tune in. It should be great!

For more info see the PBS site. You can watch a few clips there too.

No comments: