Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Emilia is a Grunge-head


In the car today, Emilia was in quite the good mood, so I thought I would play some music for her. On a whim, I put in Nirvana's 1991 "Smells Like Teen Spirit." If you don't know this song, you were obviously either too old, or too young to be into music in the early 1990s.

In any case, when the little rhythm guitar riff started up she immediately began waving her hands quickly and yapping in excitement. Obviously, she knew that some classic rock was about to ensue. I got a kick out of this. To make things even better, when the drums and everything came in, she started (I'm not joking here) headbanging to the beat. She was totally rocking out! Ahhh . . . I don't know if I have ever been so proud of my little girl.

For a trip down memory lane (circa 1991), enjoy the video below. Honestly, this might be the most important rock song of the last few decades. It brought the horror of 1980s hair bands to a crashing end. Hallelujah!


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Grunge rock, okay. Glam rock, I am allllll about.

Thank you for choosing a modest picture of Emmie. That baby always creeped me out. (not Emmie, the baby on the original album)