Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cabin 2013

Some of the best memories I have as a kid happened at my grandparent's cabin in Island Park, ID.  I was so excited to take my kids this year because they were old enough to love it and make memories of their own.  There are a few things that are a must at the cabin...
 #1- You will get dirty.  Sometimes I cringed when I looked at my kids but I just had to let it go. It's part of the fun!

#2- Hammock swinging is a must. Especially when you get to swing with your cousins.  *Remember about 1992 all the Buehner cousins were on the hammock and it broke!? 

#3- The Playmill.  We got to see Beauty and the Beast and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.  The fudge is heaven.

#4- Shopping in West Yellowstone.  There are all sorts of fun trinkets to buy.  

#5- Yellowstone Park: The mud pots and Old Faithful.  Notice the sweet shirts we scored the day before in West.

#6- Campfire.  This time we kicked it up a notch and had sparklers.  There were a couple times I feared for Kate and Emmie's hair. 

#7- Swimming in the river.  It is terribly cold but the kids loved it.   Kate was the only one brave enough to jump in!

#8- Fishing on the river.  I can't get over how beautiful this place is!

Thanks to all that made this trip possible.   We loved it!

2 comments:

Hyder Ali said...

I was always so jealous of your Idaho trips. Still am. Ha!

hey, jode said...

We were on the same wave length yesterday! Your photos are awesome!
Heaven.