Sunday, January 29, 2012

Denver

My friend Leah and I tried to take a trip to Denver before Christmas but we were snowed in!  We were so sad.  I left my suitcase packed for a week after that.  Well, our husbands let us try it again and we made it a couple weekends ago (she had a free night in a Marriott)! I had never left my family like that before.  I have to admit, it was so nice shopping without anyone hanging on my leg (Brenden) or having to accommodate hungry children and naps.

We met up with my oldest friend Carla who lives there and Leah's friend Sarah.  It was awesome. We started out on the 16th street mall and the new H&M.  From there we ate and walked leisurely through another shopping mall and the next day spent 4 hours in Ikea.  Did you know you can spend 4 hours in Ikea?  Well, you can without children.  

This is the carpet in the hotel.  I want it in my house. 



Downtown Denver.  I love it.  It was so fun walking around at 11:00PM with thousands of other people.  It was much different coming from Kearney where everyone is in bed by 9:00PM. 

We ate to our hearts content. 

The damage.  Its a good thing only there were only 2 of us in the car.  No one else would have fit.  I'd like you to know this is not all my stuff.  It's Leah's... haha!  Just kidding Leah.

Brenden- you are awesome!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments: