Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snow

A friend and I had an amazing girl weekend planned in Denver this weekend.  We were even going to meet up with my oldest friend (not old in age, I've known her forever), Carla.  It didn't work out due to the 9 INCHES of snow we got today.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, we do live in Nebraska.  This weekend turned out pretty good anyway. 

We had breakfast with Santa this morning.  The kids loved it.  Emmie asked for a zebra umbrella.  I know what you're thinking... huh?  That's what we said.


We also played in the snow and when I say "we" I mean Brenden and the kids. It is too cold for this girl from the desert.  The kids were thrilled to try out their new snow pants and boots.  Emmie would have stayed out there all day!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Emmie must be a true Nebraskan! Sadie would have loved a friend to play in the snow with her yesterday. The adults in this house avoid the snow like the plague.

hey, jode said...

Too cute! I'm glad they like snow. It's a wonderful adventure. I'll just be over here by the heater!