Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin patch

While Brenden was out of town (conference in Oakland) I took the kids (along with some friends) to the pumpkin patch.  They had a pony ride, hay ride, bikes,  and some fainting goats (I wish they did this on command).  This idea of a pumpkin patch was completely new to me until I moved to Nebraska.  In Arizona if you want a pumpkin you drive to the Walgreens parking lot where they have some displayed on straw.  I like the pumpkin patches much better here.
 
 


The pony ride was free so Emmie rode Peanut at least 5 times.   I think she wants a pony for Christmas.



 Pete was so good.  He thought he was such a big boy sitting on the hay ride.



 I know this one is not the greatest but it's the best I can do at getting a picture of them together. 



Laura and Kate are Emmie's best friends here in Kearney.  We were so lucky to have them come with us!



Now go back and look at the picture of Emmie riding the horse.  Do you notice the farmer leading the pony?  Well, we got stuck in a huge pile-o-mud while leaving.  Apparently you can't drive through mud.  Being from the city and the dessert I didn't know this.  We got stuck and this nice farmer pulled us out with his truck although he was not happy about it.   I now have 3 inches of mud on the bottom of my shoes and mud splattered all over the mini mini. 

2 comments:

Carianne said...

I didn't know you couldn't drive through mud. So Emmie is not allergic to horses like you?

Anonymous said...

Why didn't he have the donkey pull the car out? -Jeffita