Saturday, October 10, 2009

Its been just the girls


Brenden took off early Tuesday morning to attend the Western History Association conference in Denver. Its been pretty lonely here without him. There are quite a few things Brenden does that I took for granted. . .

1. Brenden takes out the trash. I have to admit the trash hasn't been taken out since Monday and today is Saturday. I just keep pushing it down hoping that the lid still closes.

2. Brenden gets the mail. I am sure that our mail man is getting tired of having to stuff the mail into the already full mailbox. Someday I am going to take a picture of our mail man. He is pretty tough. If I had to guess, his name is Diesel.

3. Brenden changes the channels on the TV. I have noticed that when I sit down and watch TV I leave it on the TV guide channel. I really shouldn't be satisfied with this.

4. Brenden will get up to get me a drink of water right after we have tucked ourselves into bed and turned out the light. Yes, I have had to get up and get my own water.

5. Brenden is more fun to talk to than Emmie. Although I love Emmie, she isn't the best conversationalist.

We will be happy when he is back here with us. Since this post is about Brenden, I will toot his horn for him. He won the Walter Rundell Graduate Student Award from the WHA. It came with a good chunk of change to use for his dissertation. We are very proud of him!

1 comment:

Hyder Ali said...

Yay! for Brenden and all his many talents.