Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter in Tejas

We drove down to Texas for the Easter weekend to visit our good friends and former neighbors, the Barreras. We left after Brenden's Thursday class at 2:00 pm on the dot. We were anticipating a 10 hour trip. Brenden and I are road warriors. We will drive any distance with only the occasional stop to the gas station. Emmie is not so well disciplined. What? You have to have your diaper changed? Can't you wait an hour to eat Emmie? Overall, she did great. Well, we finally arrived- at 2:00 am. We were also detoured by wildfires in Oklahoma. I think it would have been pretty cool to drive through a blazing inferno- and it would have cut out about 45 minutes.


We went to the park one day and had a little picnic. The Barreras had warned us that the ducks at this park were kind of aggressive. Brenden thought it would be funny to see if a duck would eat a piece of bread out of his mouth and it did!




We also went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. It was really pretty. This is at the Japanese garden. Someday I want my back yard to look like this but that would mean living someplace other than AZ so I might have to make a sacrifice (the backyard). Afterwards we ate at a great BBQ place called Angelos and filled our bellies with all sorts of meat.





Emmie loved Ella and Lola. Here they are on Easter in their cute Easter dresses.



This was my first attempt at making a dress for Emmie. The inside looks pretty scary and I won't tell you how many times I took it apart and put it back together. In the end it turned out pretty cute. Too bad she had a fever and didn't even wear it to church!


Thank you Barrera's for the excellent weekend. We sure do miss you guys!

3 comments:

Brianne said...

We are also road warriors, but Kaylin has definitely changed things. We'll see what happens once she's actually potty trained and needs to stop every hour or two. We'll probably just stick her in a huge diaper.

You can have a back yard like that in WASHINGTON (hint, hint)

I love Emmie's dress. Great job! I have a pattern for a dress for Kaylin. Hopefully I get around to it.

Carianne said...

You went to the "part" one day and had a little picnic? (ha,ha typo). I love Emmie's dress. I was going to ask where you got it and then I read that you made it?? It looks great!!!

Carla said...

I love the picture of your family at the gardens! Sooo cute! And I TOTALLY love the Easter dress you made for Emmie. Good grief, you are sooooo crafty!