Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally, its over! My only political blog post









Phew! What a tiring election process. I will be glad to recapture some of my leisure TV viewing time from the grips of the alluring political punditry that I have found myself all to often watching. It was interesting watching the results come in last night, and listening to the different ways that the left-wing and right-wing cable news anchors were reporting the results.

When all was said and done though, regardless of whether the pundit was Republican or Democrat, Conservative or Liberal, they all agreed on one thing: this was an historic moment for the United States and for the world, and cause for celebration no matter what your political persuasion.

I hope we don't delude ourselves into thinking that this means race is no longer an issue in American society. However, things will be forever different - all interracial or ethnicity-based issues in our society will all be forever changed. Minority parents in the U.S. can now say to their children, "You can be whatever you want when you grow up," and have it be more than a tired platitude.

I am not convinced that Obama will be able to save our country as some of the Messianic-esque hype has declared. This said, I do hope for the best. I hope America will be a better place 4 years down the road. We'll see . . .

Thanks to my friend Ryan who directed me to a great set of photographs of our President-elect. Enjoy

BR

No comments: