Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Buddha Baby, and first smiles

Some of you may remember that when I (Brenden) was an infant, my family called me Buddha because I was quite fat and chubby. It looks like this is a genetically inheritable curse!


On a happier note, we were trying to get a good picture for her birth announcement and right when I was focused in on her face, she smiled! As fas as we've seen, this was her first smile ever, and we got it on camera! Julianne quickly yelped, "Did you get that?!" Thankfully, I had because it was gone in a flash and replaced with the frown. See below.

The Smile


The Frown


6 comments:

ken said...

It's just gas.

Carla said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I am dying over that little smile. And she has a dimple! How stinkin cute. There is nothing better than little baby smiles! Can't wait to see more!

Kim Watson said...

Ah, what a sweet smile! I was just emailing Carla and asked if she'd heard whether you had your baby or not. Then I checked your blog and here she is! Congratulations!!!! She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Jenna says...
I love Emilia. She just got born. It is special that I am going there. I really love Emilia. She is my best friend now because she is borned. I am so proud that she is big when she is just born. I love Uncle Brenden and Aunt Julianne too. Brenden is so funny. I love him because he is funny. And baby Emilia is still special.

Debra Darling said...

I couldn't stop laughing at that smile and the buddha baby pic. She's a doll. I am so sad I couldn't come by and see her with TJ. Congratulations again!

Short Family said...

So CUTE!